Packing and Crating Art Correctly
At Q’s Moving Corp., we help our customers determine the best packaging solution for unique art pieces. We consider more than just its size or composition when preparing the artwork to be moved. Our movers ensure artwork is protected against potentially damaging conditions. We use high-quality materials to protect artwork in transit, including:
- High-quality boxing materials
- Breathable, non-abrasive wrapping material to protect the surface of a painting from developing mold or mildew
- Custom-made cardboard frames to prevent unnecessary movement of the artwork
- Preventing shattered glass frames by taping them
These packaging options help prevent damage or mishandling of your beautiful art. We also take extra care during the loading and unloading process so that your works remain in the condition in which you sent them. If you decide you want to move some of your collection on your own, it is advised to take extra care by following the tips below:
- Before wrapping your art, put tape across the glass of the frame in the shape of an X to protect against scratching or cuts by the glass if broken.
- Use appropriately-sized boxes to hold your art and only put in one piece per box.
- Don’t use any packing supplies that have acid in them. This prevents possible chemical damage to your artwork.
- Make sure you have secured your art, so it doesn’t damage itself.
- Eliminate static by using heavy pieces of foam or mat board before using bubble wrap.
- Prevent moisture by creating a barrier inside the crate with bubble wrap.
- Always keep your artwork upright when transporting to avoid a box accidentally being set on top of the fragile glass in the frame.
- Write “Fragile” liberally across the packaging so movers are aware of its contents being fragile.
Hire Professional Art Movers in Queens
Ready to move your favorite pieces of art? Q’s Moving Corp. is here to help with all your artwork relocation needs. We appreciate how valuable and irreplaceable this type of cargo is, and understand the careful handling it requires to keep it safe during the journey. Our family-owned and operated company provides exceptional art packing and delivery services for a single masterpiece or a huge collection. We guarantee 100% satisfaction with our experienced crews.
Trust your prized art pieces with our award-winning moving services that our customers rely on. We are fully licensed and insured, and service the five boroughs, Long Island and Westchester. Speak with us today at 1-888-951-MOVE or request a free quote online and learn more about how our services can meet your art moving needs.